About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rainy Days

3/31/12

It has rained an unusual amount for this time of year, the dry season, over the past week. Hostel grounds were actually flooded when I moved in. Luckily all the rooms are raised. There is still at least 5-7 hrs. of sunshine or partly cloudy. This must be low part of island even though we are only 30 seconds from the beach. Johan, German dorm mate, left today and I am only one in 4 bed dorm. With Easter approaching everything is booked so that won't last for long. Only problem with Frendz is lack of bathroom access. We have one in the male dorm but for 8 guys that is not much. Can't imagine if all the dorms are filled and there are 12 in the dorm building. The toilet in the kitchen/den area is out of order. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment